The Centre Universitaire de Recherche et d'Application en Télédétection – CURAT (Université Félix Houphouët-Boigny, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire), in collaboration with the UNESCO/IOC’s Sub Commission for Africa & the Adjacent Island States (IOCAFRICA) are organizing a “Training course on remote sensing applied to oceanography” to be hosted by CURAT in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire from 21-25 November 2022.
This workshop aims to give trainees a first-level training in remote sensing applied to the field of oceanography, and will cover the following topics:
- Principles of remote sensing
- Application of remote sensing to oceanography
- Processing satellite imageries for the ocean and coastal environment
- Fundamental principles of remote sensing by drone and initiation and acquisition of data from drone
Applications should be submitted ONLINE not later than 20 October 2022 at the following link:
Please note, the submission will include the following attachments
- Letter of motivation,
- Detailed CV, and
- Letter of support from Head of Institution in either Word document or PDF formats.
Limited resources will be available to provide travel support (Airticket, accomodation and meals).
Preference will be given to applicants from West Africa when selecting those to receive the support.