On the occasion of the International Youth Day (12 August) UNESCO/IOC launched the Indian Ocean Youth Short Video Competition on Tsunami Awareness (News Flash click: here). This initiative is also to commemorate the International Disaster Risk Reduction Day (13 October), and the World Tsunami Awareness Day (5 November). The Indian Ocean Tsunami Information Centre (IOTIC) of UNESCO/IOC jointly with a youth and young professional platform on science, engineering, technology, and innovation for disaster risk reduction (U-INSPIRE Indonesia) is organizing these series of activities related to the youth short video competition.
This short video competition opens the opportunity for Youth to learn, engage in international competition, and be a winner through:
- Free online training webinar on Tsunami Awareness and Preparedness
- Free online training on Creating Short Videos
- Submit their creative short video to the competition and get a chance to be the winner.
The competition is divided in groups:
- Kenya and Madagascar is in the category of Western Indian Ocean region: along with youth from Tanzania, Mozambique, and South Africa.
- Comoros, Mauritius, and Seychelles is in the category of Indian Ocean Small Island States group: along with youth from Singapore, Timor-Leste and France La-reunion.
The 2 minutes short video should showcase young persons' ideas, projects, activities, or campaigns towards promoting community tsunami awareness and preparedness. The video can be in the local language or English. A local language video should have English subtitles.
To know more about the Participant Requirements, important dates, Requirements for Video Submission, Submission Detail, Scoring, Jury, Prizes and Winners, and examples of UNESCO Video Competition please see:
- Website for Indian Ocean Youth Short Video Competition (available in multi-language with google translation): https://uinspire.id/ioyvc-2021/
- Download the concept note (in English): https://bit.ly/concept_note_ioyvc-2021
- Register through: https://bit.ly/participate_in_ioyvc-2021