- See the Presentations : https://oceandecade.org/resource/121/Presentation---Ocean-Decade-Virtual-Series-2409
- Watch the replay : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5YX3Zk8vIc&feature=youtu.be
A House committee listened to experts on why ocean science is critical to understanding the changing climate and why better land use could be a major part of mitigating climate change.
This virtual session “Ocean and Human Health” is convened by the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO in partnership with the Seas, Oceans and Public Health in Europe Project, the BlueHealth Project and the European Marine Board, as part of the Ocean Decade Virtual Series. For registration and additional information, visit https://www.oceandecade.org/events/131/The-Ocean-Decade-Virtual-Series-Ocean-and-Human-Health
Former deputy president Kgalema Motlanthe has called on the government to urgently pursue the maritime economy as an economic growth driver.
Ninth meeting of the Global Ocean Observing System Steering Committee, part 2 28 September - 1 October 2020, France. Part 1 of the ninth GOOS Steering Committee was held online the weeks of 14 and 20 April 2020. The second session of this year’s GOOS Steering Committee meeting kicked off on 28 September - 1 October 2020, and will cover priority areas of GOOS work not covered in April.
- As our oceans become more acidic they may corrode the skins of sharks
- Waves of PLASTIC crash towards litter-strewn South African beach, with hundreds of bottles and other waste washed onto the shore in grim illustration of pollution
- MBL Partners with Swedish Embassy to Keep Blue Oceans Momentum Alive
- Lagos beaches have a microplastic pollution problem
- Global action needed to beat plastic pollution